Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Relief Main Piece

To make my piece I used techniques I learned from the cardboard mini project to create a Captain America shield. At first I wanted to make it look old and rustic, to represent Captain America before he got frozen in a block of ice, but water color didn't look too good on the cardboard. It just soaked into the cardboard and ended up looking more like mold then old paint. After trying the water color I decided I would use acrylic paint to represent the new Captain America with his new outfit and nicer looking shield. I thought my piece was successful because I ended up getting the shape and the colors of each section of the shield right. Also I think the size of the shield is fairly realistic. Next time I would try to find some way to make my circles a little more precise because they aren't totally perfect. Also I would find a way to better center all of the circles to make sure that the circles all line up in the middle. I decided to make this shield because I love Marvel movies, and Captain America is my favorite Marvel superhero. I have a few shirts with him on it, and I thought it would be really cool if I could make his shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment