Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Mini Projects- Relief

Clay Relief:


This is my clay relief tile. I think that this is probably Mr. Sands' favorite relief project that I did because it is a Zonkey. I think that it turned out really well and I am proud of my effort to make his favorite animal (or at least I am assuming that this is his favorite). The one thing that I found challenging was getting the clay out in the tight spaces, like around his nose and whatever you wanna call the two squares at the top, otherwise I thought this one was fairly easy. This one is probably my favorite of the mini projects because I feel like it is the one I worked the hardest on.

Cardboard Relief:


This is my cardboard relief tile. It is supposed to be a panda if you can't tell, and this is another one I am very proud of just because I think it turned out to be much better than I expected. The only thing that I found challenging about this was making sure I was only cutting through and peeling off the layers that I wanted to take off. The only thing that I wish could have turned out a little better was the panda's mouth. I ended up just making it a straight line, but I feel like it isn't noticeable enough.

Paper Relief:


This my paper relief (sorry that the picture didn't turn out very good, I was in a hurry to get it since class was almost over). This one is my least favorite because I didn't like working with the paper. It doesn't have layers that I could carve out or peel away like with the cardboard or clay, so it was harder for me to come up with what to do for this one. I would say that this is definitely abstract, and it turned out sort of how I envisioned it would.

2 comments: