Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Inspired Artist



paper-6
My inspired artist is Calvin Nicholls and he lives in Ontario. He works with an interesting material, paper, and he does relief art like we have been doing in class. His relief is of a much higher level though and one thing that I really love about his work is the attention to detail. He seems to typically do animals and if they have fur he really manages to make it look realistic. Also he adds little details that make the piece even more interesting than it was in the beginning. One piece that is a good example of this is the dog that I have shown above. The detail that can be hard to notice is the outline of the cat in the dogs eye. I found that very neat how he could hide something like that and the moment I noticed it the cat became completely obvious. This made me feel like I should have noticed the cat at the very beginning. Here is a link to his webiste: Calvin Nicholls. I am positive that his paper relief is way better than my attempt of it in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment