Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Vessel Project: Cinderella Shoe

Some challenges that I overcame while making my Cinderella Shoe were making the shape of the shoe realistic and smooth. The shoe had to start off as multiple pieces, and when I first started putting them together they didn't look at all like a nice shoe. Also making the bow was difficult because originally I was going to make it out of Plexiglas. The Plexiglas did not want to break in the right shape though, so I changed the material that the bow was made out of. The heel was a successful part of the shoe, and it ended up turning out much better than I expected. Also the bow was successful once I decided to not use the Plexiglas. I really like the shattered pieces of glass on top of it, and the glaze on the shoe adds a nice touch to make it look fancier. In the future I would try to find something clear to make the bow out of. I do like how it turned out, but i think it could have been really neat if the base was clear instead of white. This piece is a vessel because a shoe holds a foot, and in the case of Cinderella's shoe it holds a story. This piece isn't exactly functional because I don't think a clay shoe would be very comfortable, and I don't know who's foot would fit into this shoe anyways because it is fairly small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment